Dave and I sat down and figured out our kitchen renovation timeline. We have just ordered cabinets and are ordering flooring on Tuesday for the entire first floor of our house.
Here's the preliminary estimates... This should give us a chuckle when all is finished and we were way off, but it's a start, at least!
1. Demo! Ripping up old floors throughout first floor (tile, hardwood) and removing all of the cabinets, the soffit, the ceilings in the kitchen, dining room and hall (OMG!), removing drywall from two walls and completely removing the wall between the two rooms. Yikes.
Estimate: One full weekend of work (with friends) and evenings for a week. Need a dumpster.
2. Installing floors and laying cardboard on top of them. LR, kitchen, DR, and hall are all getting Brazilian Cherry Engineered hardwood from IndusParquet. (See our wishlist!)
Estimate: One weekend and a week worth of nights. Need a nail gun
3. Sub contractors. Plumbing and electrical... hope all goes well!
Estimate: a week or so, while Dave and I are at work (?)
4. Installing the pass through. This could really end up being a nightmare, and might ultimately get scratched from the plan.
Estimate: a weekend plus a week, maybe. Really I have no clue.
5. Installing drywall and ceilings. Possibly the hardest part of the whole thing.
Estimate: 2 weeks? Maybe 3? At least one of the walls doesn't need to be finished since it's getting covered in cabinets
6. Installing cabinets: woo hoo!
Estimate: a weekend
Estimate: 10 days, depending on how quickly the granite guys can make this happen (and how long it takes to build our checking account up to pay for it!)
8. Appliances and finishes: at this point, I don't really care how long it's going to take for this. I just want to be able to use my kitchen again, so even if the molding and trim isn't all in, I don't think we'll be as rushed at this point. At least, I hope not!